Friday, August 20, 2010

Fine, I'll End My Month-Long Standoff With Nothingness



I received some good advice this afternoon to pick up, and move on. Get back to posting, and such.

So, pictured above is the little guy, Theodore. That's his reaction to Thome's walk-off home run against the hated White Sox on Tuesday night here at Target Field.

That was his second game, and first walk-off homerun. I was excited for him. I guess when you're not even as old as the current baseball season you have those kind of moments still :)

Couple of quick updates:

1) I'm trying like the Dickens to finish off the 2009 Goudey set. I've finished off the first 20 SPs (retired greats) and even have an extra #216, Robin Yount, to trade for anyone who can knock some stuff off my Sports Royalty and Heads-Up list.

2) Got any mini '09 Goudeys laying around that you have no need for? I'm interested. I think I'll build the mini set as well. What can I say, my first set collected since my childhood has a strangle-hold on my heart.

3) I'm also trying to finish off the 2009 Topps Series 2, and U&H. If you can help out, let me know what you are looking for in trades and we can try to work something out.

4) My fantasy baseball team has been flirting with 4th place of late. I'll dive into that next Monday.

Lastly, I'm trying to work out a contest idea to give-away the box of A&G I broke this year. I think I had 2 or 3 autos. 2 for sure. 1 solid one. I just want to put all these cards out of my house and into the hands of a collector that will appreciate them. I won't lie, the one relic I got was of some wrestler, so you'll be stuck with that too.

Alright, I'm off for now, but I'll be back soon. To anyone out there still reading.

2 comments: