Thursday, June 3, 2010

2009 Topps U&H SP



Somewhat recently I had purchased 3 packs of 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights. These were being used as rewards for completing long runs in coordination with training for my summer 10K event.

At some point as I got busy during May, I'd completely forgotten I purchased the packs and they sat unopened on my desk. Last night I came across the stack and decided to rip one open, and look who was there to greet me. Nolan Ryan.

This is the first Topps short print I've pulled. Mr. No-Hitter. You can't do much better than that. It seemed particularly fitting on a night where Aramando Galaragga threw a perfect game. That's right, I'm choosing to pretend that is what happened.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan is practically black-and-white and the background is color. That is weird-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's basically how it looked to me as well. Very strange indeed.

    ReplyDelete