Friday, December 17, 2010

My First MCG Redemption: Sweet Mariner Action

If I could only remember where I was reading today that the MCG redemption cards seemed to be everywhere now, I'd point you to that person's blog.  The problem is I read a TON of your blogs today.  I probably left an electronic paper trail littered with comments, but for now know that I read this somewhere and that sets the stage for this post.

I dove headfirst into a jumbo pack of 2010 Update Series (what happened to the U&H moniker?  that was short lived).  Plenty pleased with the cards I nabbed, which I'll save for another post, I was excited to see I did indeed pull a MCG redemption code.

I then wandered over to www.toppsmillion.com to see what had been recently unlocked.  I saw a few 80s cards, a few 90s cards, a few 70s cards and 1 1950s card.  It didn't look super promising, but I thought what the heck, I've never done this before, let's give it a whirl!

Here's what I ended up with:


Stan, nice 'stache.  And I notched a cool little cartoon on the back as well.  A cartoon about someone named Jack Reed.


Well, overall, I'm happy with this experience, although I'm sure if I pulled a 1992 Mark McGwire I'd have a different stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment