Monday, November 9, 2009

1970 Jim Palmer


I cannot explain how excited I am to have some of my original player collections back in my hands and house once again.

As a kid in the late 80s and early 90s I took up three player collections. I wish I could tell you how I selected Jim Palmer, but I simply cannot. I wasn't an Orioles fan, and Palmer was retired by the time I was going to games at County Stadium as a teenager. It's doubtful I ever saw him pitch. Man, now I wish I would have. Just bummed myself out.

This 1970 Jim Palmer was the oldest Palmer card I ever got my hands on. It's a mundane shot of the young hurler, but this kicks off my Palmer collection debut!

I'm not the only the only one out there stealing ideas for posts I guess, since 30-Year Old Cardboard posted a 1982 Jim Palmer card that was recently obtained.

If you're reading, I'd like to help you out with this:

"We want dirty uniforms. We want action photos. We want sweaty guys playing the sport we love."



In Action! 1982 Jim Palmer. If you don't have it in your collection already, I've got a spare (aparently).

2 comments:

  1. Nice card!!! It is great to haul in a great card, whether from the card shop, a trade or the parents house...
    I also found all of my Palmers and I will probably steal this post idea, too! Thanks for the link and GREAT card!
    I might have a couple of Palmer dupes, too, if you are interested...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly interested. I'm going to post mine in order, so if I jump over a year/brand you have, let me know and we'll work something out.

    ReplyDelete