Sunday, November 1, 2009

Updates and Highlights Pack Break



THIS CARD IS SO COOL. I'd just found out these cards existed the other day while making my way through some posts over at Dinged Corners.

It's really the reason why I purchased a pack of Updates & Highlights this weekend. Normally I have little luck at pulling anything cool from a pack at Target, but I had my wife choose this time. Well done, very well done. If only I could have hit the Mauer card, I'd have been even more excited. But I'll settle for Halladay.

Now, onto the rest of the pack. I'm pretty underwhelmed with this series/subset outside of the All-Star cards and these Victory Propaganda inserts. Take for instance the first card that greeted me . . .



Kris Benson standing in a field just hoping and praying not to hurt himself in the photo shoot. I feel like the majority of my pack was filled with '09 rejects like Benson, Eric Hinske, Koyie Hill, Ryan Garko, and washed up Gary Sheffield. I also ran across John Garland, Alejandro De Aza, and last but not least this card:



I'd have called this one "Respect Lost", or something along those lines.

Oh, and here's a shot of the two All-Star cards I pulled. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment